Lost Log book

mik_da_man

Hi,

My GF Purchased a car from my sister a short while back. When I asked the GF did she send off the log book (Vehicle Licensing Certificate) she admitted that she lost it!
She is moving house currently and must have misplaced it.

Anyway I guess that she will have to apply for a new one, but the problem is that my sister is currently in south america for a few months, she signed the log book before she left.

So currently the car is still registered to my sis, but being driven by my GF. I'm a bit worried if god forbid she has a crash that she wont be covered by insurance. Also as my sis is travelling sending the form by Post is not an option.

Any bright ideas what to do?

Mik

Any bright ideas what to do?
Hey Mik,

In cases where a VRC isn't available each Motor Tax Office deals with the situation a little differently.

In my home office a declaration is required (obtained through the Motor Tax Office), completed in full (chassis number etc.) and signed by a notary/commissioner of oaths/gardai (not 100% sure which it was, but one of the above).

I believe it can be different in different offices, so if you ring the local Motor Tax Office they should/will be able to help.

Back