Lost job - employer not providing satisfactory proof of being let go.

Bennyli14

Hi everyone new to this,

Looking for some information. Lost my job on 7 February with out any notice or written notice. Ask employer for written letter but he still hasn't sent anything to me. Was working for him for 4 years. I kept on messaging and calling him without any response back. Finally on Sunday just gone got email of him stating that I was let go and there was no position there for me. But it doesn't state the date I was let go from.

Any help or advice appreciated.

Your employer should have ceased you on his payroll submission on the last pay date. If you have myaccount set up with Revenue you can check that, if not I think you can set up temporary access or at least request a PIN be sent out so you can check it in a few days. If employer has not ceased you Revenue may be able to advise.

Your employer should have ceased you on his payroll submission on the last pay date. If you have myaccount set up with Revenue you can check that, if not I think you can set up temporary access or at least request a PIN be sent out so you can check it in a few days. If employer has not ceased you Revenue may be able to advise.
Hi mrs vimes thank you for your reply. But should i have still recieved notice and a letter stating that im being let go.i will check with revenue cheers.

Up until recently you would have received a P45 which would contain details of pay and tax for the current year and which you would have used to claim unemployment payments or tax refunds due to unemployment or would have given to your next employer so that they could calculate correct tax deductions, perhaps this is the letter you refer to.
Now employers have to submit a return at every pay date and Revenue hold that info and send it on to social welfare or your next employer as appropriate.
The issue of notice is a separate one and not one I know much about I'm afraid.

Thanks again mrs vines for your time. Yea was down to social office they needed a headed letter stating my job was ceased from my employer.

Back