Lost Audio - Windows XP

BobbyFowler

I had deleted my Sony Handycam Driver by mistake so reinstalled it. I created a video in Windows Movie Maker & since then have noticed that my audio doesn't work anymore. I've removed the sony handycam driver, I went into the Device Manager, uninstalled my audio driver & reinstalled it. It hasn't made any difference. I also went back to the last known settings when everything was working ok & that hasn't made any odds either. Any ideas what other steps I could take?

:eek: I spend two hours on that & then notice the mute button on the top left hand corner of the keyboard.

if the systems restore didnt bring it back then Usually your manufacturer's website will have updated drivers available for you to download free of charge. Go to the site, find the drivers download page, enter the model of your computer, and download your driver.

Try the following: Go to My PC., click on Hardware then click on Device Manager and check for problems. If you see any yellow shields click on them. Finally, go to the manufacturer's site and download the drivers and updates.

Back