losing English Channels in South east

149oaks

I’m in the south east and now losing BBC1 & 2, ITV, Ch 4 & Ch 5. Was getting all these and the Irish ones off an aerial with a splitter/booster into 5 rooms. About 2 years ago I got a free to air satellite but it only supplies to 1 room and no Irish Channels from it (still using aerial for these).

That’s the backround and now I want to get BBC1 & 2, ITV, Ch 4 & Ch 5 back into all rooms. I don’t intend to get Sky just want these channels (any more is a bonus) into all rooms. I’ve read in the local paper that with the same aerial and cabling as I have I should be able to receive the digital transmission for these channels all I need is a box.

Does anybody know if this is true? How do I do it? What type of box? Will I need one for each room or can I split the signal from 1? What price and where? I have no intention of subscribing for them.

Yes, I'm in Wexford and it is true, You need to get a free to air box
One off payment... no subscription!
Try here for more info (Wexford supplier)
[broken link removed]

Thanks
It's them I got the dish I have but no Ch4 or 5 or Irish Channels on it. Also Wexford People paper quoted approx €30 for a freeview box to work with aerial. All sat is €200.

You need a sat dish and Free to air box to get all uk channels inc C4 and 5 etc..
You need a seperate aerial to receive Irish stations..
A set top box won't pick up UK FTA stations with an aerial when the UK cancel their service.

If you already have a dish you just have to buy the FTA set top box.

You will have to buy the FTA set top box in Ireland.. My sister got one from a UK seller but it only works in the UK from a UK aerial. So it was useless to her.

Free sat arn't the only suppliers around.. look around for others

Just remembered Lidl and aldi sell FTA set top box's from around €60-€80.
Have a look at aldi..
http://www.aldi.ie/ie/html/offers/58_9029.htm
That one comes with a dish but they do sell them without

From buy and sell...
[broken link removed]
Title: Ondigital.ie
Desc: Free to air satellite, digital tv&home entertainment equipment for self installation. lowest prices&quick delivery. dish&reciever kits from€99.99, dishes from €38, fta recievers from €72.99.
tel 1890 87 67 87