Lorries bearing plates with various letters in white on a green background?

Nosey Joe

I dont know if this is posted in the right section but anyway here goes : Over the last couple of years I have seen articulated lorries bearing plates or stickers on them with various letters in white on a green background. Can anyone tell me what they stand for ? Ta.

No Leo, they are about 10 inches square and are on mostly foreign lorries but I have seen them on some Irish lorries too. maybe a single letter or sometimes more!

No c2h5oh that aint the ones I am curious about. I'll find out if it kills me...........................................aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaagh.

Are they the oval lying on its side stickers with one or two letters like E for Espania and GB for Great Britan and I for Ireland?
They are just stickers/plates showing where they have visited.

No Crea, they are as described above . I was wondering would they be EU implemented a lot of them are a white L on a green background but I have also seen other letters.

The "L" sign one relates to Low noise engine - required in Switzerland and Austria and maybe others.

Nosey Joe - I think one is "R" and ??? What are the others and I'll get you the answer !