Lop-sided TV wall bracket

spinal_tap

When the wall bracket for TV in kitchen (20" LCD) was originally drilled, the bottom hole for raw plug was a little larger than it should have been (dodgy DIY!), so the TV is hanging at a slight angle.

Any ideas how to rectify. It's a concrete wall and I presume Polyfilla would be too weak. Is there another more powerful filler out there (other than mixing up cement!!!)?

If it was me I'd move the bracket slightly, drill new holes for all fixings and just fill the original ones (having removed the rawl plugs).

Problem is, its positioned perfectly between two curtain rails.

I always called them rawl plugs until a couple of months ago I was in Woodies and bought a packet of 'raw' plugs and assumed I'd been wrong all these years. Is it possible we're *both* correct, ClubMan?

http://www.woodiesdiy.com/dynamiccontent.aspx?loc=239

"Problem is, its positioned perfectly between two curtain rails."

move it down or up, rather than to the side ?

I'd say the "rawplugs" in that link is a typo. Rawlplugs is a brand name, but has become common usage for fixing plugs of that type, in the same way that you can "hoover" your carpets with a Morphy Richards vacuum cleaner.

Anyway, like the posters above suggested, best thing is to move the bracket up a little & use Polyfilla (or another brand!) filler to smooth over the old holes.

If the problem is the size of the hole, get a larger rawlplug to fit the size of hole. Put some matches in it so that the screw from the bottom bracket has to cut into them. Trim them to the end of the rawlplug and screw the bracket in.

(Of course, it depends what you mean by "a little larger" ).

If the problem is the size of the hole, get a larger rawlplug to fit the size of hole. Put some matches in it so that the screw from the bottom bracket has to cut into them. Trim them to the end of the rawlplug and screw the bracket in.
I would be wary of using this hack for a heavy load like a TV myself.

You can get things that are like little round pads for this very purpose.
You soak them in water, then put them around the Rawlplug and it sets like filler/plaster. You can use a few of them if needed if the hole is too big.

Like THESE

Well, I wouldn't recommend it for the top hole, which has all the force pulling away from it, but the bottom hole on a bracket has the force pushing into it, so *should* just be for stability.

Having said that, I remember the "Changing Rooms" fiasco where handy Andy smashed all the woman's nasty china!