Looking to see what colour windows for house...

onekeano

Currently building a large(ish) extension to house. Currently working on thorny subject of windows and we have seriously differing views on which colour would suit the style and type of house ie. wood / black and even white!........

Mrs Roy came up with the question "there isn't any website where you can seclect various house style and overlay the different colour windows to see what the look like is there?". Following 30 short seconds of uncontrolled laughter by myself she explained that this is perfectly normal for hairdressers so you can see what the colour would look like in various styles.

So, suitably admonished, I am looking to AAM to help me out here?

Any advice appreiciated,

Roy

Don't know about any website but we have hardwood windows painted white in our new house and they look fantastic. Everyone who visits remarks on how nice they look compared to pvc ones. Its all down to taste so there is no right or wrong answer.

what we did was drive around looking at houses similar to ours (brick on bottom light colour on top) we could see a big difference in what suited the style of house it worked a treat

I’m not sure if this will help but you could try it… The dulux website allows you to paint houses and window frames different colours, this might give you an idea or maybe not?

I was on a website not too long ago that allowed you to pick window colours and exterior wall colours. It was great but for the life of me I can’t think of it at the minute. I if I do I’ll post back.

Driving around is probably the best option.

are you thinking wood or PVC windows?

reason I ask, is that colour range can be narrow in uPVC. We had got grey wood-grained uPVC on ours, and it was only by accident I came across anyone willing to do it. But they also had other colours on their books.

With alu-clad wood, there is no limit on your colour choice, as the alu is only painted anyway.

The Rationel windows website has a tool under colour schemes that allows you to change colours and textures of windows and walls on a drawing that will give some idea of what will match with what. Not very realistic but gives the idea. This may be the site that

What about taking a digital pic of your house and then using photo editing software to change the colour of the window frames (e.g. using a fill tool in a software suite such as whatever software came with the camera, Photoshop, The GIMP etc.)?

Back