looking to buy dvd hdd?

positivenote

hi all,
im looking to buy a dvd hdd to accompany my new 37" lcd. Im basically looking for somwthing that will record off the tv to a hard drive and that i can then burn to dvd if i wish. I was also hoping that it would be hdmi output.... if anyone has any recomendations advice etc, id be really appreciative as im not to sure where to start looking
thanks a million

i bought a phillips hd dvd player and to be honest there isnt a big difference! HD lcd tvs are at a high standard anyway...
also, when i hook up the hdmi cable to the tv it stops my ability to change the picture settings in the tv...which is annoying.
In the end i reverted back to a standard scart lead

thanks for the reply, i'll consider this if i get round to purchasing one... but for the moment i need info from anyone on what to be looking out for and how much i should be looking to pay...
Thanks again

I purchased an LG HDD Recorder in Currys in Derry. The machine itself I find very useful although LG do have some copyright protection system installed on their machines that other makers don't. This may or may not be an issue for you. It just prevents you from copying some DVDs onto the HDD.
I saved about €100 by buying in Derry so you should check the currys.co.uk website to see the price of their machines.

You can also buy refurbished models on ebay for a fraction of the price - seller is Dublin based so no expensive shipping costs.

Whatever you come across, you might use [broken link removed] for a benchmark?

320GB hard drive and HDMI output mightn't be a must-have for everyone, but it shows what you can get for €320, I suppose. With a three-year warranty. They're all talking about it — as they do — on Boards.ie.

I am also looking for a hdd recorder. have chorus and was wondering if anyone has a hdd recorder setup with chrous. I wondeed if they can set up programs to record in advance and change the channel on the chorus decoder??