Looking on advice for travelling to new job and where to get accommodation.

kd1964

I got a job near Newgrange, Co Meath but dont drive and am not familiar with the area at all.
Would I be better to stay in Drogheda, is it possible to commute . As I am only 21, would like to stay near a town/city.
Any advice much appreciated on where to stay etc. As I know no one going up there next month, how would I go about getting a house to share etc.
Thanks so much

Can't give you any advice on the area as I'm not familiar with it. You could have a look on http://www.daft.ie/ for sharing accommodation in the areas you mention.

Where youre coming from would help people to ascertain whether commuting is a good idea, can you let us know?
Newgrange isnt that far from Dublin in commuting terms, but yes drogheda is closer. Ring Dublin Bus or Bus eireann to find out what your Bus possabilities are. Drogheda is a "not bad" kind of place to live according to some people I know who moved up there 3-4 years ago.

Hello,

I will be working near Newgrange but don't drive. Moving from the West. I don't know if I should stay in Donore or maybe Drogheda. Is it difficult to commute as I will be depending on taxis (costly each day) or buses?

As I am only 20 and don't know a soul up there I am thinking Drogehda or Navan, any advice appreciated.

Thanks.

Drogheda is closer to newgrange and would have more going on then Navan, ring bus eireann and see if any buses go to your place of work. Taxis will get expensive.

Maybe look at getting a scooter, cheap enough and great as a little runaround.