looking into becoming a taxi man, and I am trying to weigh up the pro's and cons?

J

Jocmanu

Hi Folks,

I am looking into becoming a taxi man, and I am trying to weigh up the pro's and cons , i.e. financialy first. I have an idea if the potential earnings, and I have some idea of the expenditure but I am finding it difficult to find out as a taximan what can i claim back some money on ...for example petrol , serviceing of the car etc but there must be more that i am not considering

Is there a list of these things anywhere

I'd appericiate any assistance you can give on the matter

John

Re: Taxi

There a special capital allowance for taxi cars ,I think 40%

Any expense of running the taxi is obviously a deductible expense

Hi Folks,

I am looking into becoming a taxi man, and I am trying to weigh up the pro's and cons , i.e. financialy first. I have an idea if the potential earnings, and I have some idea of the expenditure but I am finding it difficult to find out as a taximan what can i claim back some money on ...for example petrol , serviceing of the car etc but there must be more that i am not considering

Is there a list of these things anywhere

I'd appericiate any assistance you can give on the matter

John

Not specifically claim/tax related, but someone I know recently sold their plate less than a year after getting it. Quite disillusioned - a lot of taxi drivers around apparently. Don't know where you are based but Dublin should have more of a market I guess.

Back