Leatherarse

I am looking for opinions on the following new cars :
1. Nissan Primera
2. Mazda 6
3. Toyota Avensis
4. VW Passat
Any opinions would be appreciated.

Re: Looking for your opinions!

Why buy a new car? For the same money, you'd get a 2-3 year old Merc/BMW/Lexus which would be much more fun & much more comfortable. Let someone else pay the high first years depreciation.

Re: Looking for your opinions!

Hi LA
After that crash in Muckross, Killarney I heard a guy on the Cat Mooper show on Today FM talking about the safety ranking of new cars. I think his web site was thatchm.org but I can find it. If I have any luck I post it here.
ajapale

Re: reviews

Found both links, both helpful > Ajapale I tried thatchem and came up thrumps.TYVM

passat

new one out in spring!
current one a nice car , I'm on my second.

Re: ...

Thanks lads for all your comments.I bought a Nissan Primera today and so far it is a dream to drive . Fingers crossed. :)

Re...

Noooo, not a Nissan Primera!! ;) Just messing Leatherarse, good luck with yer purchase.

Re: Re...

Just curious, but why buy now and not wait for '05 ?

Is it only me ?

How come that if I want to reply to a post ,I have to fill in all my details as if I was a guest writer . Is this a new departure or an error or are ye all having your AAM pints today. :b

Actually Crugers it had , drive a Hyundai and then drive a Nissan and explain the difference :p

Leatherarse,You can't beat a Skoda Superb for comfort & MPG.

Skoda Superb was reviewed in yesterdays Tribune or Bos Post. It cost E35,000 so you are hardly comparing like with like.

Murt

If you're looking at a VW Passat, safe yourself some money and go for the [broken link removed] (assuming that the NEW model hasn't come out as that is UGLY)...

Seat is built by VW and the Toledo is the equivalent model to the Passat

Methinks Seat Toledo is equivalent of VW Bora and not of VW Passat.
There is a hell of a difference between the Bora and the Passat.
Anyway I definitely think buying new is a surefire way to decrease your net worth.
I bought a 00 Mondeo in June 2001 for 11,800 punts. It had 6300 miles on it. Today I have 98,000 on it and it has not cost me a cent other than normal servicing.
The day I bought it the equivalent new Mondeo in the showroom (the newer model but very little real practical difference) would have cost me 18,400 cash for a straight deal.
Now can anyone justify that price difference. Its just plain insanity.

Up until recently I'd have reccomended the Toledo.
But mine is now 3.5 years old and lots of things are starting to go wrong.

One thing, maybe two I can live with, but too many things in close succession is not good.

So far the garage (Pascal Kennedy) and SEAT have been very good and the problems haven't cost me too much, even though It's outside warranty. So I can't fault them on after sales.

I don't like what I've seen of the New Toledo, this Megane idea of not knowing if you're a Saloon, a Hatchback or a People Carrier isn't what I'm looking for.

The Skoda Superb looks good (horrible name) but I have no plans to blow 35K on a car.

Anyhooo, the Toledo is paid for so I'll keep driving for free till the wheels fall off. (Should be any day now).

-Rd

Back