Looking for Solicitors with experience of BTL arrears neg.

SOFAD

Hi,
Can anyone advise of solicitors who have experience of dealing with banks in relation to Buy to Let mortgages/arrears (pref. Dublin based).
Struggling to find one.
Thanks.

For advice.
We have 2 buy to lets, homeloan is fine (Tracker) and will never be in arrears.
Lender is forcing us off Interest only on the BTLs and onto capital repayments which we cannot make and will force us straight into arrears. They (Lender) are not giving us options or being helpful in anyway. I really have no idea how to handle this.
MABS referred us to FLAC, FLAC said they couldn't help and to wait for test cases to go through the courts.
So I'm really being left with no option but to get a solicitor involved to get some direction on where to go with this.
We are being stone walled by the lender.

What's your contract with the bank ? What kind of mortgage do you have ?Is it an interest only mortgage or capital & repayments. If its the latter the bank is perfectly within its rights to seek capital repayments on your mortgages.

If you're not able to meet your mortgage repayments as they fall due
then you are insolvent and will probably need the services of an insolvency practitioner rather than a Solicitor

To be honest, I'm just looking for a solicitor, wondering if anyone knows of any solicitors they could recommend who I could engage with. Really do want to get into a deep dive of the whole situation.

Just looking for a Solicitor....
Thanks though.

My solicitor who advises me generally on my property is very approachable with a lot of experience : Patrick Troy, 01 671 5459, Dublin. He is also reasonable. I haven't thought to use him to help me approach the banks (I am in also struggling to negotiate with the bank) but he may at least be able to recommend a colleague who may be able to help. No harm calling.

Hi There
Had similar experience with lender 2 years ago, and explained at the time capital and interest would lead to arrears, I went into agreement to continue paying same amount each month, and I let the arrears mount up, while being in constant contact with lender, have recently done a deal on arrears, be strong with the lender and have written correspondence, check out Dublin Property meet, might be better place to get answers from like minded investors

Thanks munchy and muskey.
Glad to hear actual details of someone else who has gone through this.
Will contact solicitor you have noted.

Will be staying strong with them for sure. So hard to deal with them when they are so aggressive with you on the phone. Have asked for a written reply to my last correspodence but surprise surprise nothing forthcoming.

Thanks again.

@SOFAD - good solicitor with a lot of banking experience - Brendan Looney of Looney & Associates. To be blunt a no b/s merchant. 086-858 0181. Please mention askaboutmoney.

W

Back