Looking for software that enables me to search "inside files".

Sn@kebite

Hi, I'm looking for software that allows me to search inside files, like word-searches inside .txt files. And i know windows allows me to search inside .zip files but why not .rar files? Stuff like that i really want.

Any help appreciated tnx

Hi, I'm looking for software that allows me to search inside files, like word-searches inside .txt files. And i know windows allows me to search inside .zip files but why not .rar files? Stuff like that i really want.

Any help appreciated tnx

windows seach will search inside any file , but it won't uncompress rar files, it will search the rar file its self..

I think Google Desktop Search will do what you are looking for. It takes a while to install and index initially but it is a very useful tool

Word searches inside files can be easily done with Windows:

Start > Search > For File or Folders > All files and folders > Now just enter text in the second box that reads 'A word or phrase in the file'.

Dunno about rar files though.

Word searches inside files can be easily done with Windows:

Start > Search > For File or Folders > All files and folders > Now just enter text in the second box that reads 'A word or phrase in the file'.

Dunno about rar files though.

Yeah i know how to do that, however it doesn't search inside rars.

Will try the google thing later thanks amgd28.

[broken link removed]

I use Copernic and find it grand. Not sure if it searches inside RAR files though.