Looking for public liability insurance

Ron Burgundy

Hi,

I'm going to be running my own DJ company soon and am looking for advice on where to get public liability insurance, i will only be covering about 200 events a year so a mad quote is out of the question, do they calculate it on amount of business or estimated turnover ????

They look at the type of business and the turnover when assessing Public Liability premia. The level of cover is also key, for PL you get get cover from €1m upwards, the higher the level of cover required the higher the premium. Almosy any insuance broker should be able to get you a quote. For small businesses Hibernian in my experience seem to be good. I was paying approx. €500 on a €1m PL policy a couple of years ago.

I insure my business with Quinn Direct. Third year premium has dropped by 50%.

(no association to them):)

there are specific policies to cover people like you. I have a few clients who are involved in video, filmaking, media like that and I have got them policies that will cover them for public liability and also covers their equipment etc. Costs anything between €425 and €600, it will depend on the value of your equipment etc.

Back