Looking for OEM Manufacturer China/Hong Kong/India

D

DawnFrench

Hi,
I am looking to get a small quantity of clothing manufactured (2500 pieces in total). I have received loads of replies from manufacturers in the above mentioned areas but it is very hard to know who I can trust. Quality is very important to me. Most of the larger clothing manufacturers who work with well known brands in Europe and the US are not interested in smaller orders. Would I be better off trying to find an agent in one of those countries? Does anyone have any positive experiences with manufacturing in any of these countries?

Thank you

No experience specifically in clothing but IME the above mentioned countries are extremely eager, competitive and on the whole, can be totally trusted. They are more likely not to trust you I would say and will almost certainly want payment in advance after a sample has been provided. It's usually better to visit and meet people in situations like this but I guess for 2500 pieces, it's maybe not worth it in your case.
I wouldn't bother with an agent.

Keep googling and contacting - there should be plenty of takers even for small volumes.

When you are importing smaller quantities carriage and Taxes work out alot more expensive. I imported a small amount from China because I wanted to be sure of the quality first but with the extra charges and custom clearance it would have been cheaper for me to keep to my supplier in Europe.

Back