Looking for hotel with character in Barcelona

jrewing

My wife and I are heading to Barcelona in a few weeks for a long weekend. First weekend away from the little monster so we want to splash out a bit and give ourselves a treat.

We are anxious not to end up in a soulless chain hotel, and would like to find an nice, authentic hotel with character. It doesn't need to be right in the centre, as long as there is a bus / train connection.

Any recommendations ?

Thanks, JR

Have a look at It has a very interesting way of displaying the location of hotels plus prices for same.

try the majestic hotel in barcelona or the aceve royal hotel also. both fantastic. i loved barcelona. enjoy

We has the same trip away from ours 2 years back and stayed at the Hotel Silken Diagonal. Its located a short stroll from the Glories Metro station which is 4 stops from Las Ramblas on the red line. Newly build art deco type with brilliant views, located next door to the Torres Agbar. The exterior of the hotel is glass and the higher up the more expensive. We stayed in Suite 8 - bit pricier, but worth it ;). Shopping Centre is opp. the hotel with a few good restaurants too.

I stayed at the Silken Gran Havana, a sister of the one notagardener mentioned. It was really nice, a good bit of Gaudi influence in the interior. Very nice rooms and breakfast. just a five minute walk from Ramlas, but no noise at night.
I walked up to the Hotel Silken Diagonal one day and I didn't like that area. The shopping centre beside it was very dated and I thought the area looked a bit industrial. I was happy I chose the other one. Barcelona is a nice place, plenty to see and do and the hotel I mentioned is very central and convenient for metro etc.

I stayed in the hotel Lleo last month, small, very clean, recently refurbished and in the centre, only we could not get the air conditioning to cool the room. There is a new hotel beside it, hotel Jazz.
Go onto Google Earth, you may be able to find them.

My wife and i stayed in Hotel Lleo a few years ago and found it to be very good too_Only a few yards from Las Ramblas.Very clean hotel. Food good too.

Can recommend B-Hotel (near Plaza Espana) - it's not quaint but is, in fact, quite modern, but it is very snazzy and has a super infinity swimming pool on the roof.

Have a look at and see what their top picks are.

Back