looking for cordless home phone

P

patspost

Folks hope to get connected to Eircom with the free first time connection and am looking for a cordless phone system, I don't need anything too fancy, anyone know of special offers out there?
Tks

argos - binatone quad systems with built in very good speakerphone - various models available. - ive had a set for 3 years without any problems.

Funny - I found the Binatone system I got last year to be terrible. The speaker phone was so feint to be unusable. I got a pair of Panasonic phones this year and I'm delighted with them.

If you're anywhere near a Power City they're worth a look. I picked up a €30 DECT set which lets me bar numbers. I've also been able to move my previous Siemens Gigaset handset to the same base so I can use either handset to make/take calls.

I bought a Siemens Gigaset a few years ago and have 2 complaints about it:
the shape make it very difficult to hold between your shoulder and ear (I know you're not supposed to, but it's inevitable if you need to write something down!)
the blinkin' ***@@!!! keys have stopped working! You pick it up and press answer and it continues ringing right in your ear. you can't key in numbers reliably and even if you succeed, the 'make call' button won't work. It was very expensive at the time too.

If money is no object, you could go for one of these bad boys... :)

beocom2.jpg

[broken link removed]

Beoworld - Becom 2

Definitely stay away from the Siemens Gigaset. Mine was way too dear, there's a delay between pressing the buttons and anything actually happening, the shape and size is very awkward and the display and menu are rubbish.

Rebecca

Pansonic has my vote

I'd go for the Panasonic also; got a dual pack set last year. In combination with UTV's free evening calls, have finally succeeded in weaning kids off ringing their friends mobiles!

Back