Looking for broadband with no download/upload caps

Gulliver1

I have just bought a home and I do not currently have a landline or broadband.

I want to get set up with a landline and broadband but I don't know what company to go with etc.

I want unlimited downloads on broadband as I download a lot of music and I heard that some companies charge you extra once you go over a certain download limit. In short, I want unlimited downloads.

What do I do?!

Re: Broadband Advice

I want unlimited downloads on broadband as I download a lot of music and I heard that some companies charge you extra once you go over a certain download limit. In short, I want unlimited downloads.
That's going to be very difficult/expensive. You need to remember that Ireland is way behind with the Broadband craze. (I don't know why).
IrishBroadband.ie do unlimited BB, but i really don't know how good they are because i have no experience. And they're wireless.
I really think that a limited download helps alot because you never reach the limit and it saves you buying HD after HD or CD after CD to free space on the computer.
I'm with imagine and i have a 20GB limit (that's equal to about 5000 songs) I wanted unlimited like you too at the start but i let them talk me into getting it anyway and i have no regrets. I would never download 5000 songs in any 30 day period.

But firstly if you want DSL/ADSL (landline BB) you need to ring eircom and get a phone-line (about €120) - But it helps to know which company you want to switch to asap so you wont be charged a line standing fee by eircom even though you're not making calls or online.

UTV allow 'unlimited' download for an extra €5 per month.

But, every service has a 'fair usage' policy, so if you are a really, really, really heavy user then can still penalise you.

I went with Eircom because they connected my landline and my broadband for free (no connection charge when you order on-line)..

That was about 7 weeks ago so the deal should still be available...

Go with BT's €35/month deal (i think they've just passed on the eircom line rental increase so its a couple of euro more now). Its not 'unlimited' - but as long as your not hogging the line day and night, they won't bother you. If mp3's are your interest, then that won't be a problem. It would be a different case if you were constantly downloading video - which would chew up more bandwidth.

If you do go with them, scrutinise your bill every month. Inaccurate billing is their main weakness.

hi all

I don't have broadbaind in yet in the house at all.

Change jobs and in the new job there is a lot more restrictions on personal internet use.

I am just wondering which one of all of them provides the best value for money.

My needs aren't really mad. Just the normal surfing (bank transactions, etc.)

I would need it for Skype as well.

I need a normal telephone line as well. So are these bundles that Eircom and Ice provide good value.

Thanks!!!

Start here:

Key Post: Broadband packages & availability - check here if shopping around