Looking for an easy to use wireless security camera

onekeano

Hi,

Looking to get a camera where you can see on the TV who is at the front door. Needs to be easy to install and ideally easy to use via remote control and will work at night. Any advice appreicated as it's for an old person who has experienced a couple of attempted break ins recently.

Seems to be loads of stuff out there such as this [broken link removed] but not sure what kind of quality it provides.

Roy

Try have a look here. A wireless system would seem to be your best option, and the cheapest around are made by x10. Have a look at the options in this site [broken link removed]& to get an idea. Good site, if you do go to buy, I have used them many times before (although not for camera's).

B&Q also sell wireless camera systems like this if there is one near you, and I think Woodies do also.

Regards,
Wexfordman

be careful of interference. 2.4ghz wireless cameras will have interference when the microwave is on! i.e. so probably ok for your front door but not reliable enough for something like a shop.

I think the microwave oven thing is a bit of a red herring. 2.4GHz is used for numerous things, including wireless routers, video senders etc, and reliability is very good. How many people have wireless routers and microwave ovens in their homes these days!!.
You are more likely to expereince interference from another wireless device, i.e a wireless router, other camera system, or video senders etc. I have been using 2.4g devices in my house for a fair while now without any problems. INterference can be fixed by using an alternative channel if it occurs.

Regards,
Wexfordman

Back