Looking for Advice on Vilamoura

InfoSeeker

Heading to Vilamoura in early September for a week & wondering if anyone on AAM has been there before and would have any advice on (1) Villa rental & (2) Car rental & on anything else really.

There will be 4 adults & 2 kids under 3yrs so will have to rent a 7 seater.

I have checked a few websites re holiday rentals, only wondering if anyone has been there and would have any recommendations, thanks.

I am just wondering why you have chosen Vilamoura with kids. It is primarlly a resort for golfers and this is reflected in the prices charged in the resort. It has a nice marina and pubs and restuarants and a good size beach. I have been to Vilamoura a few times mainly for a golf holiday and I have also gone to other resorts like Lagos and Alvor and both of these are much better priced for everyday food and drinks and I feel would be much more family friendly. There are lots of hotels in Vilamoura also look at Quartiara which is walking distance along the beach from Vilamoura and hotels may be better priced . Portugal is nice in September so either way you will enjoy

Thanks, I am a golfer:) but purpose of visit is a friend's wedding so no choice on location but thanks for the response

Back