Looking for a red laptop

DeeFox

I am looking for a red laptop for a childs Christmas present (specifically red - pink won't cut it I'm afraid!). PC World do a red one (Advent) but are out of stock and seem to have no idea when they will be in again. Harvey Normans, Currys, Soundstore only carry the usual colours of black and silver. I went on to the Dell site but was bamboozled by all the information as I am a bit of a technophobe...I'm based in Cork but will travel. Any advice/leads welcomed.

The Dell Inspiron 1520 can be customised with a Ruby Red cover the standard model with the cover added is coming in at €757 inc Vat and shipping, don't know if you would get it in time for christmas at this stage.

Update - I phoned Dell and found them to be extremely helpful. They gave me a 100% guarantee that I would have the laptop by 21st December and talked me through exactly what I would be getting. I would be happy to use them again even though I would prefer to see and handle products before I buy them.
I found PC World to be most unhelpful and would not use them again. They assured me on the phone that they had the product in store - I took an hour from work to drive over and was told that they did not have in store and that they never sold display models. They said it should be back in on the following Monday. When I went in on the Monday they told me they had no idea when it would be coming in and that they had sold the display model over the weekend. No word of an apology - just a shrugging of the shoulders and a "I just work here, don't blame me" attitude. And they are slow to answer the phones - it often rings out and then you are informed by a robotic voice that you may leave a message for the person at box number whatever. For a company that is well known and spends a lot on advertising their customer service needs a lot of work.

Another quick update - I receivede the red laptop from Dell today. One week from order to delivery. Superb, professional service - would definetly use them again.

I am glad you got a good service. All I would say is I hope nothing goes wrong with it when you have to talk to someone who has no knowledge, little English and totally condescending.

that chestnut is getting tired. Dell has improved and are back to the ways they were - excellent customer service. As you can see from OPs post - you need to hold other companies to the same measuring stick as dell - she gave pcworld plenty of chances and was dissapointed.

The laptop is a Christmas present and I will post an update (through my tears!) if there are problems with it.