Looking for a payroll service provider

jabc

Hi, I am looking for a good payroll provider, I run a coffee shop and have approx. 10 employees who are paid weekly.

I was using a friend of a friend who works for herself but I am concerned about the confidentiality of my payroll. As well, she recently went on 3 weeks holiday to Spain and then I couldn't get her on the phone and the payroll was late. This lead to a couple of employees complaining and the whole thing was hassle I could do without.

I am looking for a payroll provider who are professional but friendly and easy to contact and reasonably priced!!

What about your accountants? They should recommend someone, or do it themselves.

If you have 10 employees, it's important to understand how payroll and paye works.

With sofware such as Collsoft, you would be just as quick doing it yourself as sending it out to someone to do. The most time consuming part is getting the information together e.g. hours worked, overtime, sick days etc.

It's a while since I used Collsoft, but at the time, they provided an excellent service and were also very helpful in answering PAYE type questions as well. Ideal for the small business.

Even if you farm it out, I still suggest that you get to understand it, so you can review the work done by the subcontractor.

Brendan

I use Collsoft all the time and I find it great and very easy to use. It is also great for keeping track of holidays due to staff, email the payslips and rosters to all staff. And one other thing, their yearly charge is very reasonable.