Looking for a nice Village within 30 minutes of Tuam

A

antrimboy

I am looking to move to Tuam area to work and want to buy a house. I would actually prefer a bungalow in a rural area on the outskirts of a small town or village. Originally from County Antrim. Also does any one know of post primary schools which would be nearby?

Well, we moved out of Tuam town 2 years ago to a place called Lavally (4.5 miles from Tuam), absolutely love the place.

We knew more people from around here in 3 months than we knew in Tuam after living there for 6 years (I'm originally from Mayo, wife from Cork). Not saying anything against Tuam people but folks out in the 'sticks' are a lot more friendly.

Local national school is down the road (excellent pupil-teacher ratio ) and secondary schools in Tuam are accessible by bus.

Call a few estate agents in Tuam and ask for a list of propeties, not a bad time to be looking as there's a few new houses sitting vacant locally this last while.

blis100, Ciaran & steph thanks for the information, Will give it a bit of thought, the first thing is getting a job sorted out.

What about Aughrim? Not sure of precise distance from Tuam. But it's a lovely spot with lovely people.

Corofin. 10 mins drive from Tuam, 30 from Galway, depending on traffic!
Its got a nice pub, 2 shops and friendly football-mad locals.

Would also say that Moylough & Mountbellew are worthy of consideration.

Hi, Im originally from Tuam. Would highly recommend Miltown. picturesque town 10 mins drive from tuam on N17. has won tidy towns awards on many occassions. Lovely new development there at the mo.check out Daft. Also Finns is a top class restaurant situated in heart of miltown...ppl travel from all over to it. Claremorris a 15 min drive..

I thought I was the only Antrim boy in Tuam!

I just moved here with my wife (Tuam girl) and we have just put a deposit down on a lovely house in Barnaderg- quite rural but literally 10 minutes from Tuam and much better value- only 15 houses in the development but that will grow to 30, still better than lving in an estqte of 200 imho

Hi

Moylough and Mountbellew have a few house for sale around € 215,000 nice place not far from Tuam and Galway.My partner is from there and i will problay move in about 5 years where we will build as he has land.