looking for a cost effective phone service. Anyone have experience of using Blueface?

rustytimber

I'm opening a new business soon and am looking for a cost effective phone service. Does anyone have experience of using Blueface? Interested in hearing about reliability, call quality, customer service, value for money etc. Thanks.

Re: Blueface

have used them for over 2 years, I can count the outages on one hand (3) in this time, big thing is the quality of your BB, our home offices all have between 6-20mb so call quality is very good, we pay them about €400 a year, which compares to the €400 a month we used to pay eircom 2-3 years ago

(not connected, happy customer, etc etc)

My experience would be similar to that of contemporary. Good quality, reliable and a bargain if you're switching from the incumbent dinosaur.

Have a bit of experience using VoIP providers in quite a few countries and while Blueface are not quite as cheap as providers in the states. Although, they are definitely not helped by the VAT. However, the quality and ease of use is as good as any I have come across.

No link to Blueface.

I had a small business a couple of years ago and we used blueface €35 pm package which gave a couple of numbers and fax to email services and free calls to uk and ireland.

We were based in a couple of innovation/incubation centres around Dublin and had to move every 6-9 months. With Blueface you just plug the phones out, move them to where the new office is and plug them back in and you back in business (now that is number portability).

In short very happy with Blueface, make sure you have reasonable broadband for the number of simultaneous calls you are going to be making.

1 call takes about 100k or so up and down. so a 6mb down & 1mb up should be able to make 3 simultaneous calls no problem (Budget for contention).

On you router you can set QoS (Quality of service) for VoIP this tells the router to give priority to voice traffic (Blueface) over web surfing etc.

Cusotmer service is very good and this was one of reasons we went with Blueface. You have a cusotmer service number and you speak to real people or you can email them if it is handy - something skype certainly does not have.

Last edited by a moderator:

This is interesting. Anybody know what alternatives there are to the fixed line providers for a broadband service that is of sufficient quality for this but less expensive than the fixed line providers. In other words, do you have to have a landline, with associated line rental costs?

I cannot say enough good stuff about blueface - I cannot believe more people do not use their service. I have a US based number which I could not function without. I am also regularly impressed by the complimentary services that they provide like fax numbers conference calls etc.

I use the service over NTL's broadband service so I don't pay a landline charge.

I have blueface and I have had to contact thema number of times.
Their customer service is excellent and I would be more then happy to recomend them.

I use Blueface at home only just domestic usage.

I Use it over NTL cable to eliminate landline charges from the incumbant and avail of great call rates. Lot of other great features too. Bit of set-up involved but great customer service. They can't help enough.

Strongly recemmended.

Re: looking for a cost effective phone service. Anyone have experience of using Bluef

Thanks for all the replies. All very positive about blueface. I've had a word of warning from someone in the UK who tried a similar route then their provider went bust leaving their business without a phone service for weeks. I like the blueface offering but whilst Eircom are expensive they are not likely to go bust.

Re: looking for a cost effective phone service. Anyone have experience of using Bluef

Thats true, but any business can go bust, just look at GM in the states. In business always have a plan B, we all have an eircom line as backup, we dont make any calls unless the BB is down and it generally costs us just line rental a month. All in All our costs for eircom were about €400 a month, now we pay just over €400 a year to blueface. and another €720 a year in BB costs (various locations)

I use skype as a domestic customer and I am very happy.
Only issue is that we get lots of wrong number calls.

Costs us about €12 per quarter.

I like the blueface offering but whilst Eircom are expensive they are not likely to go bust.

Ridiculous comment. If anyone is going to go bust these days its Eircom.