Looking for a cheap reliable laptop

tinal

Hi All

Im hoping to buy a cheap laptop as a xmas present - I don't want to spend a lot as it will be used by a teenager for school work i.e surfing and usual teenage stuff. I know that i have missed the Dell deadline so I would appreciate it if you could reommend somewhere for me - online or I can travel to one of the larger stores if necessary.

Thanks in advance

t

I know that i have missed the Dell deadline
Dell have 'special' offers practically every month or so, and will certainly have even more special ones in January — or, if you can't wait, maybe have a look at the Dell Outlet Store? They also sell on eBay; I picked up a decent enough student laptop there for under €400 some months ago...

Alternatively again, Lidl had [broken link removed] on offer today, but I'd imagine stocks were limited.

Dell have 'special' offers practically every month or so

This advice is probably too late for xmas, however for anyone else reading the thread - Personally I wouldn't recommend the cheaper Dell laptops, I have used a few through work and have found them all to be fairly poor performance wise, nowadays you will find that nearly all manufacturers and retailers have a cheap line of laptop PCs - to be honest when it comes to notebooks its worth spending a little bit more for a decent model. Having said that, the cheaper dell desktops aren't too bad.

Your best bet is to check out a few review websites and see what other people think of a particular model before you buy it

Back