Looking For A Carpenter...in West Wicklow??

Anne Marie

Seems to be impossible to find, a 'decent' carpenter in these parts, to do an amount of professional work on my lovely house!!! OK, here's the gig....I want (NEED!!) (1) some fairly large gates made up, and then hung, (2) dado rail, and some wooden panelling put up, (3) decking laid (4) some fencing put up (5) various other small wood jobs around the house.

I don't mind paying TOP DOLLAR, for GOOD QUALITY WORK, but I'm no eejit.... either. I made the mistake once, years ago, of employing a "Handy-man".....out of the paper!!! Eh...NEVER AGAIN!!!

Or, do I have...to give the job to the swarms of Poles/Latvians/Lithuanians/etc etc...who answered my AD in the Wicklow People....who promise to do the job....for E20 per day??

I'd rather pay a local Qualified man, UNION RATES, to get a good job done, and have some come-back!!

Eneough said.

If you don't trust anybody, regardless of their nationality, then why not ask them for references and view some reference sites/jobs? As ever in these situations don't pay a penny until the job is complete to your satisfaction. If anybody says that even part payment is required up front then ditch them immediately.

Hi there Anne Marie. I got this man called Simon to put down some decking
for me.He is a carpenter by trade and does decking in the summer and gazebos.Really nice guy and easy to deal with.His number is0872742007. He lives in wicklow.Hope it works out.