longford

speirbhean

Hi all
A friend is considering investing in the Thomond Court Scheme in Longford - high spec units, nicely landscaped etc, with a secction 23 allowance. But I'm a bit concerned that the rental market will be limited - I've checked DAFT and there seems to be a good supply of empty houses in the area. It's my gut instinct that the time for investing in property - any property - has passed and unless its in a fantastic area of high population you shouldn't bother - or am I being overly cautious??

I don't understand. Why are you concerned when it's your friend who is investing?

Because she asked me my opinion!! And she's not a member of this board, and I've been telling her how useful it is...

Why not ask her to log on? Better than her having you to blame in years to come for all her bad invesment decisions!

I had to live in Longford for work a while ago. I rented a brand new duplex apartment and the guy who owned it (from Dublin) said it was lying empty for over 6 months as he couldn't find anyone to rent it. There were also loads of other apartments for rent in the complex.

we have 3 bed semi let in longford for 550pcm on 12 month lease. Took 4 months to get suitable tenant. Lot of undesirable tenants knocking around. I am not anti-rent allowance in any way but some candidates were rough. My advice would be to get an agent to sift through prospective candidates. Private mail me if you want an agent I use and would recommend.

Back