Longest tennis match in history

Liamos

Anybody watch that tennis match last night. 59 games all in the final set!
Apparently there are hairdressors on standby for the players if it goes on for much longer!

67-67 now.

Anything but boring. Some physical and mental achievement

It was fantastic!!!!! Felt if Mahout kept going last night he could have won as Isner was exhausted but still managed to keep going!

I turned over from the football last night to watch it and never turned back. It was high quality tennis considering they were playing yesterday for over 6 hours. Superb athletes.
I heard on BBC that the officials were looking for Isner yesterday afternoon as he was due to play a doubles game. I don't know how he will keep it together to play doubles and another singles game. The singles game was scheduled for today but presumably postponed.

It says a lot for the level fitness of the modern tennis player! 10 hours playing yesterday. Some players in the World Cup get cramp after 70 minutes! I agree that the tennis was also of a high standard. When McEnroe praises it you know it's good.

Im a cynic! Doesnt anyone find this record a little too convenient? Is it just a stunt to get people to tune out of the WC and into Wimbledon?

It wasn't the players ... fault.

Hope they drank plenty of... deuce during the match.

Love

Callybags

Im a cynic! Doesnt anyone find this record a little too convenient? Is it just a stunt to get people to tune out of the WC and into Wimbledon?

+1, how the "authorities" let 2 guys play for so long was ridiculous. It was a case of chest-beating & how Wimbledon is in their eyes, the "best tennis tournament" in the world.

Think about it - when players tie in golf, they play 4 more holes to determine the winner. Other sports have better ways of seeing who goes through to the next round.

If it's not the Andy Murray factor, the roof, Sir Cliff Dickard, players not wearing any other colour than white...ah hear pass me the puke bag

Possible I suppose but if so, I'll shake his/her hand. Give me a long tennis match over the wc any day. I've even started following BB again.