long term investment

gussy

Hi gang
I have got 25k in a saving fund in a bank. I had come to get it out when i was asked would i be interested in a 6yr account 100% capital guarntee and the possibility of a 6.5% return each year. Now 6.5 x6 =39%
I read the prospectus there is no mention of a fee for this. I wonder what you guys think of this and what would your advice be

The relevant word is "possibility" of a 6.5% return over six years. So your actual return after 6 years might be €25,000 or might be more, up to the 6.5% per year cap.

This sounds like a tracker bond of some sort. You're probably locking up your money with no access for six years.

You'd have to post more detail on what it tracks, participation rate and other technical details before you could get a meaninful answer as to whether it's good bad or indifferent.

You'd also have to post details on your own requirements from this lump sum (willingness to lock it up for 6 years with no access, requirement for income?) and attitude towards risk you're willing to take with it.

Hi Liam,
This tracks the ft,eurostoxx,djia, nikki? aiso I would not be brave to takes the ultimate risk of losing every euro of it. I like to understand the risks i am taking. It is also tied in for the 6yr period without access.
Obviously I am looking for some really good advice.

How much of the index growth do you get? Is it 100% or some other figure?

Is there averaging of the index growth over the last 12 - 18 months of the investment?

Hi Liam,
Not sure I understand the question. There is a possibility of 6.5 growth per year max. and of course the possibility of less. Capital is 100% guarnteed. I don't know if I can name the bank in question but the first letter of the alphabet is the first letter and the second letter of the alphabet is the thirs letter.If you want to check out the product.