long term car rental vs buying

rania

is there a way to rent a car long term, i remember hearing on radio about this before but cannot find anything useful on internet.
could it work out cheaper, as the rental would include tax,ins,etc.
any ideas/prices/companies?thanks

Hi

You would be talking about leasing a car. The costs are all included and like a loan you pay a monthly fee. You can choose to have a maintenance contract as well. Normally leases are are for 3 years. A lot of leasing companies here dont deal with individuals only businesses but some do. It is only really better for business as the money they pay is tax deductable

Its only possible to rent a car for 28 days; but Car rental companies will do a very good rate for such customers. You simply return to the office every 28 days, drop off the car and sit into the next one.
The reason its 28days is that any longer is considered a lease.

It is only really better for business as the money they pay is tax deductable

Exactly, this is really the only situation when you would lease. Some good deals with the rental companies at the moment though.

I just did a search on this yesterday and found several options. Look at enterprise website. I rang and asked for a price for a Ford Fusion. They quoted 795 pm for a 3 month rental and said it would be slightly less for a 6 month rental.
I googled "long term car rental" for "pages from Ireland" and got a lot of results - dollar.ie, thrifty.ie, enterprise.ie.
Try again.