long term car rental in Australia (3 months)

C

cotton eye

Hi all, traveling to Oz before Christmas and plan to travel around a small bit and then rent somewhere for the remainder before I decide weather to move down there full time. I would like to have transport and was wondering does anybody know of a long term rental company that can be used for 3 months approx that not too dear? I have considered buying but am not sure I want to get involved with insurance, registration etc as well as trying to resell it at the end. Any tips would be greatly appreciated.

last time I did something like this there was a time limit as to how long you can rent for.

it was easy enough to just rent for a few weeks at a time and change cars tho.

Not sure if you can get cheap deals on long term rentals though.

Checkout travellers auto barn. They provide both cars or campervans at good standard for rent and generally prove to be less expensive than their rivals. We rented a camper van for two months and had no problems. Enjoy !

Thanks for that, I have seen websites that offer long term and charge by the month so I was would be interested to hear if anybody has used this service?

My post just crossed with your's dusmythb, are the vehicles from auto barn good quality and do you have to get separate insurance?

From our experience the van was very good quality, spotlessly clean although it had a few miles on the clock. With regards to insurance, this is taken in the form of a bond on commencement of hire and is refundable when the van is returned (providing no damage). If I remember travellers auto barn look for a 2k bond at the start. When you pick up the vehicle you are asked to inspect it for any exisiting damage and sign a report. We were also independently advised to take photos of the van before we drove away. In addition to this we had our own travel insurance for personal cover.

Thanks for that, I checked out the website and it looks like an interesting option.