Long Queues at Permanent TSB

ajapale

I noticed very long queues at my local branch of Permanent TSB on Friday lunch time. There were between 8 and 10 people waiting outside the door.

What, if anything, can I deduce from this observation?

aj

No enough people use internet/telephone banking and express lodgement facilities?

ptsb are also running a 2 week mortgage campaign at the moment.

ajapale said:
I noticed very long queues at my local branch of Permanent TSB on Friday lunch time. There were between 8 and 10 people waiting outside the door.

aj

in dundalk PTSB is really a no-go area due to the queues and lenght of time waiting.we have 2 branhes here and both are very very bad for queues.with 6 hatches the max they have open is 3 and thatson a good day.hair-ripping stuff

ajapale said:

That the branch is busy?

I don't think the experience of the op is exclusive to Perm. / TSB. CCOVICH hit the nail on the head and I would further suggest that the set up in the mainstream banks is to actively discourage you from going in there but rather to encourage you to use the facilities as mentioned by CCOVICH. Thanks to internet banking I haven't had to visit my local AIB branch, where I do most of my personal banking, since July 2004. Unfortunately I did have to visit my local post office the other day and what an abominable place it still is - it stunk to the extent that you could be forgiven for thinking you were in the Rhino enclosure in the zoo, the hatches were manned by indifferent , shoddily dressed staff, the place was littered with dockets , used scratch cards and the like and there were no pens in the pen holders - come to think of it many post offices are similar and while I'm at it I'll throw in the passport office and motor tax offices as being equally dreadful places though thankfully I haven't had to visit either of those that often in recent years.

Im with TSB for years, and being in dublin use various branches as it suits. Ive found some of the older traditional ones are clogged up with people updating their Permanent saving book accounts, but some of the branches are very quick. Examples in south dublin is that dundrum, blackrock and stillorgan are all pretty quick.
Try another branch if possible!

demoivre said:
CCOVICH hit the nail on the head and I would further suggest that the set up in the mainstream banks is to actively discourage you from going in there but rather to encourage you to use the facilities as mentioned by CCOVICH.

It actually appears that BoSI and BoI are looking to make visiting their branches a more attractive propostion for customers. BoI have a swipe card system coming onstream and BoSI are opening Saturdays? A change of heart it seems.

CCOVICH said:
BoI have a swipe card system coming onstream
Can someone explain to me why BOI are making such a big deal out of this, I've been able to lodge into my account in AIB using my card since I got my first account with a card back in 1995

i know it's not ptsb but i do have to queue in my ub branch for ages and it seems to be getting worse. sometimes it's so bad you can't even get in the door. i work evenings so i would wait outside the bank until it opens in the morning and i am always first in. i had to change to doing my banking business first thing as being in a queue for almost 30 mins is terrible. i use the express lodgement facility a lot but i can't use that for all my business. i get drafts on a regular basis. i also transfer money abroad quite a bit.

Back