London with kids

BlueSpud

Heading to London in the spring with 2 kids, 4 & 6, and I am looking for clean basic ensuite accomodation in the center of London, in safe areas, and good value. I am hoping someone will give me the names of a couple of hotels that fit the bill. I have searched the many posts on London, so dont recommend the Regency Palace, no matter how good a time you had there. I am looking for recomentationd for hotels as distinct from sites with loads of hotels (found plenty of those).

were you or are any or yoru children scouts or guides? If so, you wont do better than the scout hostel in kennsington. basic clean accomodation at reasonable prices.

if not, try the Holiday Inn sites. They do room only at fairly neat rates.

I was interested in this so I just rang the Baden-Powell centre - although the location is great, I'm not sure you couldn't do better price wise. A family room costs £32.50 per adult per night and £20 per per child per night so for 2 Adlt, 2 child you are looking at a room cost of £105.

I doubt you'd be getting much space (he described 'pull-out' beds) This does include breakfast though.

[broken link removed]

Holiday Inn also in Kensington is £110.15 (I took at date of 17/3 which is a Fri, just to get a quote - you might get a better price midweek) (inc tax) for a room w. 2 dble beds; this doesn't include breakfast though.

I've stayed here before and found it comfortable and quiet. (something I can guarantee the scout hostel won't be - which is grand when you're part of a big group having craic, but not so good when you're with your family!)

Holiday Inn site is: http://www.ichotelsgroup.com/h/d/hi/1/en/hd/lonke;jsessionid=4AVZQJ1512JIQCTGWAJCJ0QKM0YBUIY4

Just to add, there is a Youth Hostel near St. Pauls, which is fairly central, but not as handy for the musems as Kensington. Its a good 7 years since I stayed there; it was good value, and reasonably quiet, not en-suite though there was a whb in the room. They may hve added family rooms with ensuite since so might be worth checking.

Thanks for the info KD, but I doubt that my significant other will let us near a place with the term hostel associated with it after a very bad experience in NY some years ago.

Is it possible to rent an apartment type place for a week there ? I have heard of this in other places, including Dublin, but I have never done it.

I have stayed inthe IBIs hotel beside Eustn station a good few times. it is pretty reasonabe, about £80 a night. the rooms are basic but clean and warm. It is a big hotel with a reasonable cafe and restaurant. It is about 20 mins walk from soho and oxford street. And is just off the Totenham court Road. it is alos a 2 minute wald from Euston Unerground train station

Best of luck

jack

Try www.hotel-assist.com, we used them last year and found them OK. The hotel we actually booked was the Comfort Inn (£90.00 stg per night) included continental breakfast and complementary tea/coffee anytime. The rooms are small but very clean. A short walk (most of it covered) from Victoria Tube. You may hear the noise of late night or early morning trains but they didn't disturb us.

Back