London with kids

Hi Purple,
Many thanks for all your information.
We will try Simpsons for sure. London must be the most exciting city and never run out of things to do. Regards Browtal

Hi Purple,

This is a great thread, nice to see someone enjoying themselves with all the doom and gloon on here. Absolutely adore London. Just curious about Simpsons on the strand, what did your kids like about it? Is it beautiful?

Also was your bedroom tiny or nice? It's difficult to swing a cat in many London bedrooms.

Probably a bit late for the OP but

HMS Belfast is really great. The Imperial War Rooms and Churchills Museum are very well done too, though maybe kids of that age would like more excitement!

HMS Belfast is really great. The Imperial War Rooms and Churchills Museum are very well done too, though maybe kids of that age would like more excitement!

I think the HMS Belfast is still closed - supposed to open again in autumn

The hotel room was ok, nothing special. Tea/Coffee, a fridge, beds were ok, bathroom was very small. Breakfast was very basic.
Simpsons was great. Formal decor and staff uniform etc but they were really friendly and knew how to make it an occasion while putting us at our ease. Their speciality is roast beef which was excellent. The wine ranges from very reasonable to very expensive (I don't know enough about wine to say if it was good value or not).

I haven't been to HMS Belfast and last I heard it was closed still. I was in the Churchill war rooms before and while it's very historic in itself I didn't find it that impressive.