London Westend tickets

Ceist Beag

Heading to London in January and was just wondering is it worth pre purchasing tickets to a West End show or are they easy enough to buy on the day? I wouldn't be too bothered which show from the top ones so I'd imagine they aren't all sold out each Saturday night but can anyone advise if I'd be safer buying them now?

I would book in advance. Any of the good shows will be very heavily booked, especially on a Saturday and seats that are available are likely to be poorly placed with restricted views of the stage.

If you do book before you go then the site might be useful, it has reviews of each venue and tells you which are the best seats in the house. I find it great. Enjoy :)

Several shows will already be booked for Saturday nights in Jan. & best seats for others will already be gone. All the ticket agencies charge above face value excepting a few who have cut price tickets for shows that are about to close soon. Booking on line directly with the theatre of your choice & using the layout drawing to select your seats from those available is ok. Personally I telephone the box office & book directly. They will forward tickets by post or you can collect on your way in. If you leave it until the last minute & if there are a few shows that you would go to then you can always go to the last minute ticket office in Picadilly which handles the "returns" & pick something up there a few hours before showtime. Sometimes you can get tickets at below face value but this is not easy for a Saturday night.

Heading to London in January and was just wondering is it worth pre purchasing tickets to a West End show or are they easy enough to buy on the day? I wouldn't be too bothered which show from the top ones so I'd imagine they aren't all sold out each Saturday night but can anyone advise if I'd be safer buying them now?

Did you book them in advance in the end or take chance on getting some last minute. Thinking of taking trip in Jan and we are interested in going to Joseph.

I use the London section of www.broadwaybox.com for pre-bookable discounted tickets. I've saved a fortune and know in advance that I have tickets for the shows I want to see, without standing in a line for hours.

I've recently moved back from London and went to many shows mainly with friends who came over for the weekend. We never booked in advance, always headed into the west end early morning on the day and always got tickets for what we wanted, dirty dancing, sound of music, producers etc. The shows that are supposedly sold out you can nearly always get tickets for. I would never book in advance through an agent as you usually pay way over the odds, you may pay £10 more (than face value) in the booths but in my opinion its worth it

I would book in advance as you are only going over for a short visit and don't have flexibility if tickets not available on the day you arrive - and you don't want to waste time queing. Especially if you are in London for a holiday time will be short and you need to know where you're going and when - so a definite booking is preferable. I booked tickets by phoning the box office earlier this summer and got good seats no problem which were posted to me. I had first tried some of the agents on line just to see the prices and found that according to them the dates I wanted were booked out - but there was no problem when I phoned the box office directly (plus the seats were face value)

Back