london tube tickets

nuttybud

Hi
I did a search first but the most recent post was in 2007.

Im going to london on the redeye sat morn.
I fly into heathrow (zone 6) and I need to get to Hotel at Gloucester Road (zone 1) then we will be going into lecister sq etc that afternoon - am I correct in that the anytime all day off peak option (valid after 9.30am) £6.50 is the best option?

The next day I am going to from gloucester road to Stanmore (zone 5) & back again. £cost?

I will be going 1way back to heathrow on monday. £cost?

Which is the cheapest option -Oyster card, a 3day ticket or seperate tickets as above?

Thanks

If you are over a few times a year if would be worth getting an Oyster card as it is valid for two years. you have to use it once every two years for it to remain valid. It also avoids queing for tickets and the card calulates all daily trips and charges you cheapest amount.

Zone 1-6 off peak is valid all day Saturday and Sunday (restriction of after 9.30 is only Monday - Friday)

Oyster vs. Paper tickets... probably little difference ... tickets are slightly cheaper on Oyster, but £3(?) to get an Oyster card negates that.

thanks all.

I had a look at the website and i think I will get
2 X Off Peak daily tickets (Zone 1-6) for £7.00ea
then a single trip back to Heathrow for £3.00

I dont think the oyster card would be worth my while as Id probably have lost it by the next time I went over :rolleyes:

Three of us were there in September and paid 7pounds each. We did a lot of travelling in all the zones.Good value in our case.

Back