London Train Advice please

Mers1

Hi,

Looking for someone with a little more knowledge than I have about the trains in London. Need to get from Covent Garden area to Slough (late afternoon on Sat) Does anyone know off the top of their heads which is the best station to get train from? I can get train from Charing Cross to Paddington and then on to Slough but was wondering if there was an easier way.

Many thanks in advance.

Yes you need to get to Paddington for the Slough Trains - From Covent Garden take the Piccadilly line Tube to Picadilly Circus then change on to the Bakerloo for Paddington - wont' take more than 20 mins

Covent Garden Station can be rather busy at the weekends and gets very congested because it uses lifts rather than escalators ... Leicester Square Station is less than 5 mins walk away (down Long Acre) .. it's often faster to walk there and get the tube (again Picadilly line) from there.

Word of advice.....don''t buy your train tickets over the internet. I was looking for information on transport from Gatwick to Stratford London last week and got the info needed (thanks EvilDoctor). I then searched the net and was quoted 39.99 Sterling for two return tickets. Didn't bother buying.... On arrival at Gatwick, we went to the train station and got two tickets for travel anywhere in london and back for 11.00 Sterling each. Happy days

Back