London on a November Sunday, 13th -see Olympic Park??

Betsy Og

Will have a day to kill in London, probably on my own, could be worse for wear after a night out on Saturday, flight home Monday lunchtime. No soccer that weekend (international playoffs).

So, what would people think of getting the tube (central) to Stratford to have a look around the Olympic Park? - its all basically built but wont be open to the public I presume. Does anyone know the area?, I suppose its getting gentrified and we're talking about a Sunday afternoon so unless its currently v. bad, one should be safe enough. Pub near there the Cart & Horses I could get lunch (musical reasons).

Other than that there's the musems I've never been to (spent about 4 months in London years ago, and occasional trips since, so have seen some of the more obvious stuff), so in order I'm thinking 1) British museum 2) Imperial War -down Sarf London 3) National History.

Not sure about after dark - maybe cinema. Ideal if could find decent comedian, searched the websites but nothing as yet. Not convinced as regards musicals.

Anything else spring to mind for a 30 something male?? - and Soho or the likes isnt on the agenda if thats what you were thinking:eek:!! Spitalfields Market any good on a Sunday?

The Lee Valley walk along the Union canal can be joined at Totenham Hale station and brings you down to the stadium. [broken link removed] is a link of the various sections. It takes about 90 minutes to do and you can figure out where the pub is when you get down there. Liverpool street to Tottenham Hale is about 15 minutes on the train. You could go further out also if you have more time at the start. If you still have time after the watering hole perhaps walk all the way down to the Thames at Limehouse. I did this walk a while back and encountered no problems regarding safety as there are plenty of people doing the same either by barge, walking or cycling.

Back