London hotel recommendations needed (weekend break)

theoneill

I’m heading with the girlfriend to London for the weekend and desperately need hotel recommendations as the two of us are very London ignorant. We’d be looking for something in the £100 - £125 per night price bracket. Ideally somewhere that will allow us to do all the touristy things without having to travel too far.

Any advice would be great. :)

what particular 'touristy' things are you planning to do? london is reasonably easy to get around, use this site for planning any journeys
www.tfl.gov.uk
i've stayed in the travelodge covent garden which is basic but handy, it's a bit of a stroll to tottenham court road tube or holborn tube but handy enough.
check on for reviews of any hotels though be aware that a lot of american visitors are high maintenance which when you're looking at the price range you're looking at is unrealistic.

Hazlitts Hotel in Soho. Stayed there in Feb. Completely central, a walk from Soho, theatres, tube. It's a very romantic boutique hotel, four poster beds etc. Each room different and named for history of those who stayed there. Not sure of rates right now, we got a deal. Think a double is about £200 www.hazlittshotel.com and totally worth it.

We stayed in the Park Plaza County Hall back in May. Lovely brand new hotel and fairly central. Only a 10 minute walk from the London Eye etc .... and the nearest tube station. Would recommend it. Lovely Italian restaurant near the London Eye also. I think it was called Locale ......
http://www.parkplazacountyhall.com/

We stay in the plaza Park victoria central to everywhere just walk out of Victoria Main train station or tube and it's accross the road - Really lovely

Go to lastminute.com and click on Hotels/London and you will see secret hotels. There, you can book 4* hotels at 3* prices - only thing is that you won't know the hotel until you book - but before you book you can copy/paste the hotel description into Google and with a bit of luck can find the name of the hotel before you book! These are big hotel chains who don't want to reveal their name.

Back