London Hotel near Liverpool St Station will be going to upton park also

coleen

Hi
I am looking for a hotel in London that would be convienient to Liverpool st station as we will be arriving on the stanstead express but a place that be close enough to a lively area in the city for a night out and also the males will be off to see man u playing west ham so any advice on how to get to any of these without breaking the bank. I am looking for some where that would be easy for me to go off and do the sights while they are at game and also that would be handy for them to get train or tube to the grounds. We will also be returning via Luton so is there a bus or train that goes from city centre to Luton. Thanks in advance.

Liverpool St is in the heart of the financial district and is pretty dead at night, unless you fancy heading into the East End (and it's not like Eastenders).

I believe the train for Luton (short bus transfer) goes from Kings Cross, and Hammersmith and City Line goes to Upton Park. That would put Euston Square/Russell Square area as probably the ideal area for you. It would be close to the transport links, and only about 15-20 minutes walk (or a couple of stops on the Picadilly Line from Leicester Square/Soho etc with lots of entertainment and restaurants, and Oxfors St is close at hand for the shopping.

If you are staying in that area, the Busabi Eathai off Tottenham Court Road is fantastic Thai food.

you should be able to get a very good deal for hotels in the City, near Liverpool st. over the weekend as that is there quietest period. West Ham is easy enough to get to on the District Line on the tube.
There's a good market at Spitalfields near Liverpool St with some very good restaurants but if you really want to go shopping then you'll need to head for either the West End (Oxford St on the Central Line from Liverpool Street or BAnk Tube) or the new Shpping Centre that has opened in Shephards Bush a few stops up on the same line and is supposed to be the biggest city centre shopping centre in Europe

Shoreditch which is about 1/2 mile north of Liverpool St station is one of the hippest areas in London at the moment. Lots of clubs. pubs, restaurants, art galleries but it's an up and coming area so a little scruffy at times. Brick Lane is good for food if you want a hot curry or there's a famous beigal shop as well.

I normally stay at the Days Hotel Shoreditch (www.hotelshoreditch.com)as it's the cheaper then the rest at about £80 on the weekend and its brand new. The hotel's not centrally located in shoreditch (about two mins on the bus) but there's also a crowne plaza and an express by holiday inn if you can spend more money.

Shoreditch is right in the middle of Liverpool St, Kings Cross and Upton Park as well.

Back