London Eye - best time to go?

askalot

Heading to London soon and we're thinking of going on the London Eye. When is the best time; during the day or at night?

Heading to London soon and we're thinking of going on the London Eye. When is the best time; during the day or at night?

Sunset - see the sky with colour in, and also the lights coming on as you go around. Just check out sunset times online.

Very early in the morning unless you like long queues. Otherwise sign up for an accompanied trip and you skip the quque.

When you say soon I hope it's not January you're thinking of cos they often have it out of service for maintenance at that time. Also you might not be able to pick exactly when you want to go because it can be booked solid for certain periods - check the website....

Roy

I've been twice; enjoyed both times. I booked online and didn't have to queue at all. Online prices are also discounted.

Most boring and over priced thing I have done in london. You have seen it all by the time you hit a quarter of a revolution - and then you are stuck there for another 20 minutes or more.

And really unimpressed that they have no guide inside the pod as to what the buildings were. You have to buy a seperate overpriced guide. So unless you know London or fork out more money - you have no idea what you are looking at. Dont bother going... (though having said that a friend enjoyed it - But i think he was with mates and drunk - so that may be the only way to do it!)

We did it just before sunset in June and it was lovely. Queues were hideous, but it was the height of summer. We combined it with a river cruise which was bloody brilliant.

p.s. Can highly recommend Chez Gerard (Belvedere Road) for a gorgeous dinner after the Eye. If you're going before the end of November, they have a £15 off voucher at [broken link removed]