london attractions cheapest options

aido71

finally deciding on plans for london trip next week.....just trying to work out best options re travel/attractions.
for travel thinking about oyster card best option.
Re attractions.....well not planning to do everything but aside from history/science museum(free)..small one wants London eye and mebbe do Tower and or bus tour.......me not big on tourist stuff but oh not been to London for years so wants to.
Just re prices any recommendations what best.....i see the London pass which seems good but possible we would want to be doing a lot to make it worthwhile......any suggestions appreciated thanks!

http://www.daysoutguide.co.uk/2for1-london is worth a look .. many attractions offer two for one entry (especially outside the summer peak) ... You need to use a National Rail ticket valid for the same day - but if you buy a paper (non - Oyster) travelcard from a National Rail Station that will suffice (and cover your transport anyway) .. all the info is on that site - you just print the voucher from that site and present your tickets at the venue when you arrive (you don't need to buy in advance, you just purchase when you arrive, so if plans change no big deal)

Most stuff in London is as you observe either free or quite expensive - if you only want to do one or two of the more expensive things than the site above is usually good .. I use it regularly enough.

Not sure if this is too late for your trip - but try the visit london website, which has a whole host of free parks, galleries, museums and farms across London to visit. Have a great trip

going in feb.... partly as bday present to harry potter land,... so above all useful too... thanks.

have a great time adio71!

Back