Logsitics of buying/selling same day

U

unreg1234

Hi

Currently I am in a buying-selling chain. My purchasers and sellers are all working towards exchanging in June (date not specified as yet)

I have quite a bit of furniture to shift. How do I plan exchanging on both houses. Should I close on the house I am purchasing first, will that mean 2 mortgages for a couple of days.

Or is it normal on closing that parties give each other a couple of days to move

Anyone previously in a similar situation>

Regards

If you want to avoid bridging even for a few hours or days then it should be possible to shift all furniture using a professional company, but if you are going it alone with a van then it may take a day or 2 to shift everything so if you might have to bridge in this case, or maybe start moving the small stuff to friends / family houses and only move the big stuff on the day of closing. Facing a similar dilemma myself soon except I need floors put in before bringing 1 year old into the new house!

contrary to popular belief, bridging does not cost much. it is typically available at or near to homeloan rates. for a few hundred euro, you could get your new home a week or more before moving out and avoid a LOT of stress. why not ask your lender

Thanks all,

I have been informed anecdotally that FA (my lender) does not do bridging

So has anyone come to an informal agreement with their purchasers, to give maybe a weekend to shift gear?>

Thanks

horror story

I recently heard of a couple who tried to close both sale and purchase on the same day. The sale of their home went through okay but a last minute hiccup with the purchase (following searches) meant they were left homeless - literally on the side of the road. It took 2 weeks to sort it out. Unusual, but not impossible...

Unreg1234 said:
Thanks all,

I have been informed anecdotally that FA (my lender) does not do bridging

So has anyone come to an informal agreement with their purchasers, to give maybe a weekend to shift gear?>

Thanks

We got bridging from Ulster Bank, who are the immediate parent of FA (I'm presuming is First Active). Seems strange that UB would do it but FA wouldn't, but then they are still very much separate entities from a sales and marketing perspective.

Back