Logbook lost in the post

pussycat

Hi

I bought a new car in october it was a private sale got a very good deal as the guy i was buying it from was moving to England. The tax is up in January and i rang to see if they have received my logbook but they say they havent received it, and it may have been lost in the post. What happenns now????

check this out

i think you should ask the previous owner if he had send it out, i know this is a bit late to say but i rather take the cert off him and post it myself.

you will need the chassis number of the car to get a replacement cert but it can be done

Thats what i did he signed it and gave it to me and i posted it off and now he has moved to england and the car is still in his name.

check out the info on the link

this should help

i also changed my car in Oct, form went out in Nov and received the new cert last week.
have you got a photocopy of the cert, that definitly speed up the process.

No i dont have a copy of it and that was the only thing i had to say i bought the car. I bought my 1st car in jan and sent the cert off and got it back quick enough so i didnt think of taking a copy or anything.

Replacing lost/misplaced documents

It is possible to obtain replacement documents associated with changes to vehicle ownership. List of documents and the cost of their replacement is as follows;
Document Replacement cost Registration book12 euroVehicle licensing certificate12 euroTax disc6 euroTo obtain replacement documents, download and complete form RF134 (pdf) and have this form witnessed by a member of the Garda Siochana at a Garda station. Forward your completed form with the appropriate fee to your Motor Tax Office.
hope this help