log roll fencing type thing

blueshoes

hi all,

Im looking for some log roll for around a flower bed. There is two types in the argos book, but they are only 15cm high.

I'm just wondering if anyone has seen any stuff that would be bigger say 20inches tall?

I have looked in woodies, they have stuff but only 20cm

thanks in advance

Blueshoes,

Have you used logroll frncing before? I've taken it up and wouldn't use it again. It deteriorates pretty quickly and it's a pain to cut the grass adjacent to it.

Hi Donking,

I havent used it before. I got some in b&q sat. I spent all day today in the garden putting it in etc. Have to say it looks well.

Im so disappoited to hear that, how long did you have it down before it started going bad? I didnt get roll stuff, just 1metre lenghts with spikes either ends and hammered into grass.

I will second those comments about that log roll. give it a few weeks a bit of wind and it will be dipping in one place falling in another. it is cheap and cheerful looking and i have to say is probably the worst option for around a flower bed. for the above reasons and more. A polish tiler recently said to me when i was renovating a house..."what is cheap is dear". I was surprised by his wisdom i have to say and stuck to it since.!

If you look after it, it'll be fine, same way as any other exterior wood. With the log rolls, if you fix them to short posts periodically along their length and if the roll is sunk a sufficient depth it'll stop them dipping.

The log is about 5inches into the ground. There is no way I can take it up now, i would have a mountain of soil fail out on me.

My shed is also wooden, i painted it and no signs of it falling down yet.

Maybe I should paint the log roll fence would this help it last longer? :(

Otherwise known as "Log Panel", I have them in my garden, holding well have them about 5 years, i do paint them with fence life products (being a girl everthing has to match), when i'm painting my fence, planters, shed......, got them from Clonee Sawmills 30cm high, good price too.

Back