Log Cabins

Jac

Hi,
WOuld love to build a log cabin but do not know enough about. Does anyone know any companies that build them? Are they expensive to build? What is planning like? Any help much appreciated.

Hi Jac,

Welcome to AAM.

Using the search option in this forum gives this thread with links therein. You may find something useful in the links although they refer mainly to purchasing log cabins rather than building.

my brother is having a log cabin erected in the next few weeks/months... he ordered it from canada, about 9 months ago, and the guy comes over from there and erects it..... this guy has built various log cabins around the country,and my brother has met him on various sites to view his work... if you are near edenderry (co offaly) there are a number of log cabins he built on fairfield golfcourse not far from there... they will gladly show you around, why dont you try to meet up with this guy and watch how he does it (its a skill in itself) maybe you could order the timber and try to put together yourself???...- my brother also travelled to canada to see cabins that he built there.... if you want more details...pc me and i will give contact information to you....

Jac

Looked at this before myself - there's a company, I think based in Cork
(earthcare?) who build all shapes and sizes from basic cabins to luxury homes. Cost of site and services aside, I remember thinking it seemed reasonable.

Back