Lodgement Issue

paulocon

Hi,

I have someone holding some cash and cheques for me for lodgement to my business account.

I have a lodgement book and would like to use this to lodge...

Can I just rip out a lodgement slip from the book and post it to my contact - this will mean that the record/receipt will not be stamped.... is it ok to do this?

Get another lodgement book for them for your account and they will have the receipt stamped in the book then - thats how I handle rent from my tennants and it works no problem.

Or just send them a standard bank lodgement docket you get in the bank?
You can use one of those when you don't have your lodgement book

NIB have done away with the standard lodgement slips - you can of course still use them. You just hand over the cash with your account details and you get a nice printed statement of lodgement.

Just to add. Never use an express lodgment box for cash.

Towger

Sound advice...harder nowadays when there are employees wandering around like vultures asking you if you want to use the express facility!
I waited until about the twentieth such approach before having a go at him and asking to be left alone.

Hi thanks all....

Just to clarify - not an express lodgement.

I want my contact to make the lodgement but I don't want to send down the whole lodgement book, just one slip out of it - obviously, this will be minus the receipt (which the bank stamps). just wondeting if the bank will accept this..

Why do this?!
Can you not pick up a lodgement docket from any branch and send that?

The only reason I have for doing it is for purely for accounting purposes - i.e. easier to track everything cause the lodgement number will appear on the statement....