Loction of Hot water tank

L

Leroy42

I havedone some searching on this isue, and think I kow the answer, but would appreciate if someone advise either way.

I have just bought a house which needs a great deal of work. No major problems, except for the water tank is currently housed in the main bedroom, built into some built-in wardrobes. The house was a rental property and the previous owner used this bedroom and conected ensuite, so I guess tis was his 'personal' hot water.

However, this is my family home, or at least will be when the renovation is completed, and was wondering if I could move the tank out of the bedroom. There is no space for it on the landing (no hotpress), so I thought about putting it in the attic.

I am assuming, both from my research on here and the fact that it appears that al hot water tanks are suitated below the actic that due to gravity this is not possible.

I would love to be wrong, as it solve the problem sraight away, but I fear that it can not be as simple as moving it upstairs.

Thanks for any help

Leroy

As you suspected, gravity is used to feed water into the immersion tank from the tank in the attic, so the attic tank needs to be higher than it. If the bathroom is big enough you could build a small hot press and locate the hot water tank in there.
Leo

Back