Locked out of google, validation form useless... please help

paperclip

Hi guys. I just tried to log into gmail... and it's locked me out of my account, saying that there's been suspicious activity... so, I followed the link to the validation form, I answered all the questions... and it keeps saying that I missed a required field, that doesn't exist!

Please enter an email address that you can access. (e.g. yourname@emailaddress.com)

I can't find any contact info... the contact button just brings me on a loop, and in french, as I'm in Haiti at the moment...

Can anyone tell me how I can log back into my account... I've had it over 10 years, and never had this trouble...

Cheers

sounds dodgy!

how are you going to the gmail website?
Have you done a malware and virus scan?

i had a separate old gmail account, that i was able to use in the validation process... it wouldn't accept the hotmail account... interesting.

i'll wait 24 hours, and see if i get back in... i've been using the account as normal...

thanks for the link papercut, i sent them an email.. hopefully this is resolved soon.

One think to check is that you were definately hitting the google/gmail site itself and not a phishing site that has now harvested your details

One think to check is that you were definately hitting the google/gmail site itself and not a phishing site that has now harvested your details

It's definitly gmail. Still locked out... I mailed there support email and got a generic reply saying it would take between a few minutes and 24 hours to be recovered... it's been around 30hours now.

Bit worried, not only are all my contacts in there, but I've important information, such as copies of my passport and flight details...

I searched on google and this seems common, and allot of times, google just leaves people locked out... there doesn't seem to be any support... I really hope this isn't the case...

The best way to keep a gmail account safe permanently is to buy extra storage for about 5 dollars a year thereby being down on the books as a client with a verified identity who actually owns his email. Not that this storage is ever needed but it keeps me assured of never losing an important email address.

When you registered your gmail you were given a special code which you should have saved. This code is impossible to ever obtain again but can be used to verifiy you identity. If you do not have this code then you should put your phone number into the personal details inside. They can send you a sms for verification. I wish you the best of luck anyway.

dam, if i had of known... i would have spent the $5 and kept that code... thanks for the tips... if i can't get this account back, i'll know in future... i'm a bit annoyed that google aren't responding to any of my mails....

i just hope that the account is indeed suspended, and not being used by someone else...