lock smiths

Sammie

Hi, I am about to move into my new home and was wondering should I change all the locks? It is a brand new home, I saw a web site recommending to change your locks becuase the builders would have had your keys....is this them playing head games inorder to do some buisness?

Also can someone recommend a good locksmith please. I want to get a dead lock on my door.

thanks

I would strongly suggest to change the locks on all external doors, but only after all the builders are totally finished.

If multipoint locking doors - only cylinder needs to be changed and you can easily do this yourself. In most cases full lock does not need to be changed just the keying which a good locksmith can do. (some people swap cylinder around to different doors in the house)

Don't know what area you are in to suggest a good locksmith.

i bought one new cylinder for front door, switched all cylinders in patio and back doors, just bought house on thursday and did this on saturday.

It was dead easy, took 5 minutes. I just bought standard B&Q cylinder for now but will go to locksmith to get a better one soon, in the mean time i know that the ex owners or anyone else who may have had a key, cannot now enter the house!!!

Back